About this role:
The Recruiter/Career Specialist is an integral part of the Baker Boyer Human Resources (HR) team, providing professional level HR support to management, employees, and the HR department. Manages internal and external recruiting programs and assists with other HR duties as needed. Builds relationships with coworkers, management, and within the communities we serve, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and ensuring confidentiality. Displays understanding and competence of HR related laws and regulations, and communicates them effectively with all employees.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting activities to include:
- Apply recruiting expertise to identify and hire the best talent as efficiently as possible.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify/forecast personnel needs.
- Build and maintain working relationships with external stakeholders and vendors throughout the community/region.
- Consult with supervisors/hiring managers to gain in-depth understanding of the key skills and attributes needed to be successful in each role within their departments.
- Develop/refresh job descriptions in coordination with hiring managers.
- In collaboration with leadership and the marketing department, promote Baker Boyer’s employer brand, message that brand, and create/employ strategies for expanding public awareness of our brand as an employer.
- Plan and perform regular community outreach, and brand awareness activities to ensure enough leads/applicants are available to fill recruiting needs.
- Advertise open positions across various platforms: internal messaging, bakerboyer.com, social media, general and industry-specific job boards, etc.
- Manage internal candidate referral bonus program.
- Proactively search for candidates through both in-person and online methods.
- Manage applicant processing through, and record applicant processing/interactions in, approved Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software.
- Schedule and conduct applicant assessment and screening interviews.
- Recommend finalists to hiring managers based on HR review and assessment of the candidates.
- Run and review preemployment assessments, background-checks, and drug screening and make decisions based on these findings.
- Manage all affirmative action plan responsibilities relating to recruitment, including maintaining applicant data in the applicant tracking system, outreach to relevant organizations, and annual reporting of applicable affirmative action data.
- Internal Recruiting / Career Support
- Connect and build rapport with employees at all levels throughout the organization and be available to discuss career goals and growth opportunities.
- Assist with the ongoing development of the Bank’s internal career development program.
- Enable and support communication between internal job candidates and current and potential future supervisors within the organization.
- Become knowledgeable about training, education, and mentorship opportunities at the Bank, able to advise employees on opportunities that match their development goals.
- Oversee the HR responsibilities of the educational loan program, including working with enrolled employees and the controller’s department to submit all documentation for financial reimbursement.
- General HR Department Support:
- Cross-train on other HR team functions and provide support of the administration of HR programs to include: new employee onboarding, Benefit/401k Administration, Payroll
- Assist with answering employee inquiries related to HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of various government required reports/forms.
- Assist in collection of data for various surveys, reports, benefits, employment information.
- Assist with HRIS administration.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions, and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are within compliance.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field, and 2-3 years’ experience in recruiting/talent acquisition preferred. Any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities to do the job considered.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with, and passion for, making and building human connections within an organization and the communities it serves, especially as an ambassador for the organization’s employer brand.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience working within ATS/HRIS software (UltiPro preferred).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and model change.
- Ability to maintain a thorough knowledge, through ongoing training, of the Bank’s products, services, policies, procedures, and federal regulations as they pertain to duties.
- Ability to prioritize time to meet internal and external time lines.
- Exhibit professionalism under all work conditions.
- Adhere to bank dress guidelines and portray a highly professional image at all times.
- Knowledge of and semi-proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Positively support the Bank and enthusiastically support change. Promote and maintain a favorable bank image and act as a role model for all bank employees.
About Baker Boyer:
Baker Boyer is the oldest independently owned community bank in the Pacific Northwest. It serves the Walla Walla Valley, Kennewick and Yakima communities with seven branches, providing wealth management as well as personal and business banking services.
The job tasks and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at desk and work on computer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Baker Boyer believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to adjust the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
Baker Boyer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.