Compliance/Bank Secrecy Officer
About the role:
This important role operates independently, and as part of the Compliance team to facilitate high quality and value-added tasks and projects to ensure regulatory compliance issues are managed and addressed; adherence to state and federal regulations; and cost-effective management of the bank’s liability and risk exposure. This position is a highly visible position, often collaborating and working with employees across the bank to improve bank practices, policies and workflow. Strong communication, analytical skills, prioritization and self-motivation are key skills for this position, as is transferrable experience that demonstrates the ability to quickly learn and to implement complex concepts. Some prior audit, compliance or Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) experience and/or banking/finance experience preferred.
- Ensure that the bank is following state and federal regulations within acceptable risk tolerances established by the Compliance Team and Board.
- Work with compliance peers to manage the Regulatory Risk of the bank.
- Act as a Compliance resource and consultant to all employees. Specializing in BSA and Deposit regulations.
- Act as a contributing member of the Compliance Team.
- Prepare reports for senior management, the Board, OCC, internal and external auditors. Assist in coordinating bank’s efforts to prepare, gather and present information during Compliance, Safety & Soundness and BSA exams.
- Act as a contributing member of the Compliance Team and department.
- Ensure assigned compliance policies are reviewed and submitted with accompanying reports annually to Compliance Team, Executive Committee and Board.
- Track regulatory changes to ensure they are addressed by compliance department and implemented with 1st LOD.
- Collaborate with other department members in setting department related standards, polices, procedures, etc.
- Coordinate with team on the overall issue tracking and reporting to Compliance Team and Executive Committee
- Lead and assist in the coordination of projects and monitoring of ongoing activities.
- Assist in managing and providing new hire, job change, periodic and annual Compliance / BSA Training.
- Complete assigned procedures, responsibilities and projects, after initial training and instruction, with minimal supervision.
Responsible for BSA, Patriot Act and OFAC:
- Responsible for maintaining the Bank Secrecy Policy and procedures.
- Responsible for complete and proper filing of all CTRs and Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Responsible for training all bank staff annually on BSA, CIP, OFAC and suspicious activity.
- Responsible for Bank Secrecy recordkeeping and Bank Secrecy audits.
- Responsible for annual reporting on BSA to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for attending annual training for the BSA officer as required by regulation.
Education and experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university. Minimum three years’ experience in auditing, compliance, or BSA preferably in a banking or finance environment; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities to do the job. Demonstration of relevant skills and experience required to perform job may be considered in lieu of education or auditing / compliance / BSA experience minimums.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of employees in a manner that is of high quality, content, style and clarity.
- (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with proficiency and accuracy. Experience with audit software such as IBM Query, TeamMate Audit Software, or other comparable software desired but not required.
About Baker Boyer:
Baker Boyer is the oldest independently owned community bank in the Pacific Northwest. We are Eastern Washington’s trusted financial advisor, serving the Walla Walla valley, Kennewick and Yakima communities, providing wealth management as well as personal and business banking services.
Physical demands/conditions requirement:
The job tasks and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Baker Boyer believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to adjust the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
Baker Boyer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.