Asset Management Operations Administrator
About the role:
As a member of the Asset Management team the Operations Administrator is responsible for the smooth and consistent operation of the division, timely development of new systems to meet clients’ needs, continuous process improvement, and serves as a project manager for the division.
- Strategize and lead day-to-day operations ensuring effective and efficient processes to support the strategic vision.
- Project Management:
- Collaborate with outside departments, vendors and SMEs in managing projects related to division operations, determining scope, budget, timelines, and assigning action items.
- Embrace project management as a discipline, consistently demonstrating project management best practices while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Process Improvement:
- Analyze workflows and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Execute process improvement solutions using data and optimization tools to support strategic process improvement plans.
- Collaborate with department leadership, stakeholders and front-line staff to:
- Develop and/or improve standard operating procedures and documenting workflows.
- Develop training and roll-out of new processes/procedures/policies.
- Steward and optimize resources in alignment with over-all strategic plan.
- Develop, design and implement new or improved process models and organizational structures.
- Collaborates with SMEs and IT to ensure department specific systems are properly working, including software systems, and hardware (e.g. scanners, printers, PCs, etc…).
- Coordinates with IT and software vendors, installing updates, problem resolution and making software enhancement requests and modifications for systems maintained within the department.
- Actively participates in user groups and vendor conferences to help guide the direction of future enhancements.
- Collaborate to coordinate and plan training for staff for upgrades/system changes.
- Responsible for understanding compliance for Asset Management Division and work in collaboration with the Audit and Compliance department.
- Vendor and contract management.
- Coordination and preparation for various committees.
- Provides for maintenance, security and retention of all Asset Management records, files, negotiable instruments and documents. Assumes disaster recovery responsibilitites including planning and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring the balancing of the department’s various bank, accounting and suspense accounts, which includes internal and external custody to system balancing.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership, business strategy and change management experience.
- Experience in Operations, Process Improvement, Project Management and Regulatory Compliance.
- Experience in team building, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with co-workers and clients through verbal and written correspondence.
- Participate as an effective team member; rely on others’ expertise, provide information, and volunteer to help when possible.
- Open and motivated to build skills and share knowledge with others.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office. Ability to efficiently learn new programs and to proficiently use and interpret data provided by software tools.
- Maintain excellent organization and time management to complete multiple tasks and priorities within established timeframes.
- Must be detail oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy on routine work and reporting.
- Ability to comply with departmental and Bank policies and procedures.
- Valid Driver License required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher, with emphasis in business or finance preferred; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Operations experience strongly preferred.
About DS Baker Advisors:
This position is part of DS Baker Advisors, a group of specialists whose goal is to provide comprehensive financial services for business and high net worth clients traversing their wealth journey. The DS Baker Advisors team takes a client centered approach, providing a diverse variety of services, individualized solutions, and flexibility as client’s needs transform over time. Our advisors work together to meet the personal, business, investment, planning and legacy goals of each client.
About Baker Boyer:
Baker Boyer is the oldest independently owned community bank in the Pacific Northwest. We are Eastern Washington’s trusted financial advisor, serving the Walla Walla Valley, Kennewick and Yakima communities, providing wealth management as well as personal and business banking services.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
The job tasks and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, write, type, speak, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer.
This role may involve occasional travel to a client’s home or other professional offices. Occasional long distance, overnight travel for business and/or educational purposes may also be required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Baker Boyer believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to adjust the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
Baker Boyer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.